Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

Hi everyone,

As an adopted American, today's holiday in honor of our fallen means as much to me, as it does to all citizens of our great nation. On days such as this, I struggle to put into words how I truly feel, therefore I will let some others speak for me and for all of us...

Apart from our national anthem, Lee Greenwood's "God bless the USA" is one of my favorite patriotic songs. I'll include the official video at the end of this post, but here are the lyrics...
"If tomorrow all the things were gone I'd worked for all my life
And I had to start again with just my children and my wife
I'd thank my lucky stars to be livin' here today
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can't take that away
And I'm proud to be an American where as least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the USA
From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee
Across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea
From Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA
Well, there's pride in every American heart
And it's time to stand and say that
I'm proud to be an American where as least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the USA"
We turn now to the words of three former Presidents of the USA, Harry S. Truman, the 33rd President...

John F. Kennedy, the 35th President...

Lastly, Ronald Reagan, the 40th President...

I am so, so proud to be an American...

God bless the USA and God bless all of us.
Em

1 comment: